One of our most important connections is with a romantic partner. This relationship can be a great source of joy and support, yet it can also cause a great deal of pain and push us to confront difficult aspects of ourselves. Whether you are in the middle of a crisis, struggling through a difficult transition, discovering unpleasant behaviors, or want to build a strong foundation for the future — our expert couples therapists can be a tremendous source of support, strength and growth.
- Do everyday conversations seem to turn into arguments filled with criticisms, defensiveness, or personal attacks?
- Do you feel like you are living like roommates?
- Do you feel stuck having the same conversation over and over again and never getting anywhere?
- Has the revelation of an affair turned you and your relationship upside down?
- Do you avoid each other or certain conversations because you know it will end up in a fight?
- Do disagreements about parenting, money, in-laws, chores turn you into enemies instead of teammates?
- Do you feel disconnected and wonder what happened to the intimacy and passion you used to share?
- Has sex become an issue? Too much, too little, too dull…
- Do you feel desperate or hopeless but are unsure if there is a way forward?
- Are you thinking of moving your relationship to the next level and want to talk through common stumbling blocks couples find themselves in?
When you select a couples therapist, don’t choose just anyone who sees a few couples a week. Be sure to choose a specialist.
A therapist from The Couples Institute Counseling Services can help you move through the issues listed above and so much more. We help you work through frustration, anger, resentment, or betrayal and get to workable solutions. Our greatest pleasure is seeing couples emerge from a difficult or even traumatic situation feeling more intimately connected and committed than they ever thought possible.
Click here to get started, and we’ll contact you within the next business day.
How Do You Know You Are Making the Right Decision About Choosing a Couples Therapist?
The reality is — you won’t know for sure until you have one or two meetings. But that can be expensive in terms of time and money.
It’s like a blind date. Research is important. The more you find out before meeting in person, the shorter your search can be. Here is what you need to know about The Couples Institute Counseling Services.
We are an institute. This means we are highly trained therapists that specialize in couples, we continue to train and develop new skills and tools to help the clients we see. We have access to more enriching resources than any single practitioner could provide.
We like the word free, and think you might like it too. Beside the free consultation you receive from one of our therapists we have other free resources for you to take advantage. For example, while you are working with your Couples Institute Counseling Services therapist you have free access to archived, privileged online information. In this special private area of our website, you will find audios, articles, and demonstrations of Dr. Ellyn Bader, Dr. Peter Pearson and other professionals that will teach you how to tackle thorny relationship problems.
These cutting-edge tools, skills and insights can accelerate the growth of your relationship. This saves enormous time, energy, and money which increases the value of the time spent in the therapy office.
Imagine having easy, accessible help between sessions on a wide variety of couple’s issues including:
- Revitalizing your sexual relationship.
- Super negotiating for couples. A step by step approach for negotiating the toughest problems.
- How to rapidly recover from a nasty argument. Stop the cold shoulders or aggressive escalations.
- How and why one region of your brain is the trigger for most of the distress in your relationship and how to use that information to reduce or eliminate trauma.
We care about your progress, but our caring does not stop when the hour is up. We encourage you to give us feedback between sessions about your successes and challenges. We want the time in the office to be as productive and constructive as possible.
Our therapists will recommend a longer session for your first appointment. This enables them to understand your situation and most of the time can start making headway in the first session.
If this sounds like it could be a good fit, let’s get started.
Signup to learn “How To Choose A Couples Therapist…By A Couples Therapist Who Has Been A Client”.